sabato 3 novembre 2007

My new experience with feeds and feed aggregators

Hi guys!

I’ve just used the feed aggregator Sarah made us get to know on Wednesday in order to keep track of your blogs. It’s incredible how much this tool is useful! In the last weeks I’ve learnt so many things and found out so interesting tools that, I must admit it, I’m enjoying blogs more and more every day!

I must say I have never heard about RSS and aggregators before; I didn’t really know what they were and I had no idea of their features and advantages. When Sarah told us she was teaching us something which could make our life easier, I felt immediately relaxed! Every time I have to learn something new about Computer technologies I’m a little bit worried; at first sight they all seem to be complicated, even if, after all, they proved to be very simple to use. This time I was really enthusiastic because I was learning something that could give me the oppurtunity to save time!

Nowadays time is an extremely important resource; we should use it wisely and efficiently as much as possible. Just using Bloglines you are sent all the updated news of all the websites and blogs you wanted to subscribe to in a standard easy-to-read format. This way you do not have much effort and waste time going to every websites to see if there are updates; that’s a wonderful invention!

I also think the possibility of creating playlists is really great! The page in which you have the list of websites you subscribed to does not appear confusing anymore, and this way you may find what you’re looking for easier and faster. On Wednesday, in the lab, I created three folders: one for my group G, one for other blogs I am interested in and one for online English newspapers. What is more, Bloglines is a news aggregator you don’t have to install on your computer because you can access it free through any web browser.

I’m sure Bloglines will help me organize my time online better. I’m really satisfied with this new tool!

Have fun!:)

Selena

2 commenti:

cappuc cino ha detto...

Hello Selena!
I agree with you when you write that feed aggregators help us to save time... I subscribed to all our course blogs and some other that caught my attention, I hope I will have enough time to read them all!
During the last two weeks I couldn't attend the lab lessons, but I think Sarah can help us a lot and solve many problems we face while we do our activities at home.
So, see you tomorrow!
have a nice evening
Lisa

Elisa Snaidero ha detto...

Hi Selena,

as Lisa already said, feeds and aggregators are really very useful!! You wrote a long post about these tools, it means that you like them very much. As you said they make life a little bit easier...especially for a person like me, who does not like to wait and wait for pages to get dowloaded while sitting in front of my computer! Thanks to that technology I can go and check those websites that has just been updated, phantastic :-)